My favorite movies of the summer

With summer coming to a close, I thought I'd share some of my favorite movies that came out in the last few months.

I go to movies quite often, it's one of my favorite things to do. I typically go see movies with my boyfriend. We love to hang out and watch a new movie, plus, its FREE because he works at the movie theatre. Since it's such a deal we usually go about once a week.

These movies are in no particular order, and I'm not necessarily writing a review. Just sharing why I loved them and some reasons why I would recommend each movie. 

Incredibles 2

I absolutely loved this movie! I have always been a huge fan of Pixar films and the first Incredibles movie was one of my favorites as a kid. The movie is filled with entertaining action and the love story between the parents is so heartwarming and refreshing. Not only is the story amazing, but the characters from the first movie only got better in the second. The character development is so much fun to watch, especially watching Jack Jack grow! I'm fairly certain that if you grew up on Incredibles and other Disney Pixar films, you will love Incredibles 2.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Listen, I've never been a huge fan of Star Wars. My dad always had me watching Star Trek instead. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this movie. Before this I had only seen The Last Jedi. I liked that one and was anxious to see Solo. I don't know any sort of Star Wars back story, I mainly just see the movies to enjoy them. This one was highly entertaining, and really, Donald Glover is one of my favorites. Not only was the movie great, the movie theater had some great merchandise to give out. I got some pins with the iconic quotes, "Never tell me the odds" and "Best in the galaxy". I recommend this movie to pretty much anyone, Star Wars fan or not. 

Deadpool 2


Okay, y'all, this movie is absolutely hilarious. I had to see it twice because I most definitely fell asleep both times, but trust me it's so funny. Even if you just put it on in the background while you're working or something, I would say it's worth it. The plot of both the Deadpool movies are not very deep, which is why they are so funny. It's a good movie to watch if you want to laugh and also look at Ryan Reynolds for 2 hours. 

Action Point 

This film is a great one to go see with some friends on a night out. It's not very serious and will absolutely give you a good laugh. However, I would not recommend going to see it with kids or anyone super young/immature. There are a lot of inappropriate jokes that are not suitable for younger ages. Despite this, it's really funny and tells an oddly relatable story of a strained father daughter relationship. It has some more serious undertones, but the "failed" stunts are hilarious and lighten the mood.

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again

I'm pretty sure that anyone who is a fan of musicals and Meryl Streep will enjoy this film. It's entertaining and definitely brings out the nostalgia. The songs are fun and you'll probably find yourself singing along to the ones you know. Or fan-girling over Colin Firth (same, girl. Don't be embarrassed). The only downside I saw in the movie, was how long it is. This could absolutely be a personal problem, as my attention span has never been very long. Possible spoiler alert ahead. I think the movie should have ended after Fernando. Despite my feelings about the length, it is a fantastic and entertaining movie. 



Alright, those are my top 5 movies of the summer! If you haven't seen any of them, drop a comment when you do and tell me what you thought of them. Or comment below your thoughts on any of these movies. Thanks for reading!

Much love, Mya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A life update!

Hello! It's been a long time since I've even looked at A Slice of Mya. Over two months. I've decided that I need this creative...