Why I wanted to start a blog

Starting a blog or some sort of social media where I can connect and write to people in a meaningful way has always been a dream of mine. I've tried in the past and have never been completely dedicated, thus not succeeding and eventually deleting the blog entirely. However, since I've recently graduated high school and had a lot of free time on my hands, I realized how much I enjoy writing, and how many things interest me. There are so many things that I want to do and share with people, a blog seemed like a good idea to me. I am more dedicated now than I have ever been before, and I am so excited to see where this takes me.
    I have so many goals for this blog and I think it's important to share them, so that I am more likely to stick to them. First, I want to connect with a community of people. So far, my experience with the blogging community has been amazing. Everyone has been so kind and helpful. I couldn't be happier with where I am so far. Second, I want to learn more about formatting and layout. (I need help, if anyone's available) This is such a process for me. I've made websites for classes and portfolios, but I've never done something solely to be creative and express myself. Third, I want to grow a following that I can connect with on a level more personal than social media. It's important to me to have followers that want to interact with me and learn about my interests, while I'm doing the same.
   Long story short, I wanted to create a blog to express myself in a way that doesn't scare me as much as other social medias do, and connect and learn about other people.
    There are so many reasons that people may want to start a blog. Regardless of your reason, I recommend just going for it! There is a huge community of people out there to help you. It's scary, but I'm sure that it will be worth it.

Much love, Mya.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it’s Minchan, Communications Manager at VIBBIDI(https://www.vibbidi.net/artist/taylor-swift). I just stumbled upon your blog as you have a great interest in writing and might be interested in our writing program which you can write anything about music. Contact us if you’re interested. My email address is minchan.phan@glue-th.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

A life update!

Hello! It's been a long time since I've even looked at A Slice of Mya. Over two months. I've decided that I need this creative...